Deadline for applications is 9 November 2020
- Up to 15 hours per week while studying with the potential to convert to a full-time role upon graduation.
- £10 per hour rising to £17.50 per hour after 3 months and between £30,000 and £40,000 per annum if there is a successful transition to full-time employment.
SYKE is a fast-paced, rapidly growing legal engineering business run by senior lawyers and ex-lawyers. Founded in 2016 by Alistair Maiden, former Legal Director and Data Protection Officer for UK retailer, ASDA, SYKE is now the world’s leading tech consultancy, with 75 consultants operating globally, helping large companies like HSBC, Dyson and Facebook to buy and implement legal technology.
As a Junior Legal Engineer, you will:
- automate legal documents
- review legal processes to ensure that the right legal tech solution is implemented
- use a wide range of legal tech products, including AI and contract lifecycle management platforms and chat bots, to provide solutions to clients’ business needs
- participate in business development and marketing exercises (e.g. development of SYKE’s branding and sales materials) alongside our Sales Directors
You will shadow one of our Senior Legal Engineers to develop your legal tech skills. No previous legal tech experience is required; however, we are keen to work with the following types of candidate:
- Self-starters who have a genuine interest in an alternative legal career path
- Natural problem solvers with a keen interest in technology and its applications
- Outgoing and confident candidates who are happy working within a team and can effectively communicate with clients and colleagues at all pay levels
We are also pleased to announce that the work undertaken in the role will count towards qualifying legal experience (QLE) which in turn feeds into your qualification as a solicitor. SYKE is dedicated to developing the career and personal development of successful candidates and will provide support where needed through the new SQE process.
Successful applicants will be invited to interview with us and take part in a series of practical tasks before eventually starting in January 2020.
If you would like to apply, we would invite you to produce a 2-minute video:
- introducing yourself
- telling us why you would like to work for SYKE
- and why we should hire you.
Please submit your application video only by the due date either by email to email@example.com or via WhatsApp to 07863993460.