Our senior legal engineers are the leading lights of our business. They spearhead projects, support business development, and help develop more junior members of the team.
These individuals work at the coalface of innovation, understanding business challenges and configuring trailblazing legal technology solutions and products to solve them. They are experts in their chosen technologies, and they understand the wider legal technology landscape.
We encourage and expect all our team members to work autonomously and independently. This might mean leading engagements or projects, or perhaps developing new products or marketing strategies.
You’ll always have the support and supervision of our leadership team, and we work hard to share ideas and innovation internally so that our engineers remain the best in the business.
We don’t have a central office, and all our team work remotely or on client sites.
We are flexible about working hours, locations and timezones, and we try to keep internal processes and paperwork to a minimum. We want everyone to spend their time doing stuff, rather than talking about doing stuff.
On a day-to-day basis you can expect to spend your time:
- Scoping, designing, delivering, overseeing and maintaining legal technology projects
- Overseeing project delivery, liaising with external vendors and stakeholders and maintaining internal/external relationships
- Configuring products like HighQ and Contract Express for our clients
- Creating requirements documents and process maps, drafting governance structures and operational guides and coordinating roll-outs and training
- Operating technology solutions once deployed, assisting with the initial set-up of projects, training and any ongoing support needs
- Identifying new business opportunities, supporting sales activity and scoping exercises.
Ideally, we’d like someone with experience running (or playing a key role in) similar projects, perhaps at a law firm, in a legal operations role, or elsewhere.
We’d expect you to have experience in using and managing projects in HighQ and/or Contract Express, and we are particularly interested to hear from individuals:
- Who have experience coding over HighQ to produce bespoke visualisations which connect to iSheets
- Who have experience of and interest in new and emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning, TAR, data room analytics and document review platforms
- Who have experience using APIs and linking legal tech systems and workflows together.
That being said, we value attitude over experience, and if you have experience working with other platforms (and a willingness to learn), we’d be interested in hearing from you. We’re looking for someone who has good project management and client handling skills, and these will be our guiding principles.
We would expect you to hold an undergraduate degree or possess equivalent experience, and we would prefer candidates who have completed the LPC or BPTC or are overseas qualified, or equivalent. We are particularly interested in previous legal experience (fee-earning) or legal technology experience.
How to Apply
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line – Senior Legal Engineer – HighQ
SYKE is the fastest-growing independent legal technology consultancy in the world. Our mission is to help transform the global legal industry.
We do this by embedding the latest innovative technology and by removing unnecessary tasks, which in turn frees lawyers up to do what they do best – practise law. Our work includes legal operations, strategy, procurement, software implementation and development.
We work with the majority of the leading software tools, and we’re proud to be partners with DocuSign, Icertis, Thomson Reuters and many others. Our clients include some of the world’s leading brands and companies.
As lawyers ourselves, we recognise that the industry we love is going through an unprecedented period of disruption. Rather than fear the change ahead, we believe there are great opportunities to do things better, save firms money, and improve outcomes for our clients and customers.
We have strong values: We don’t mince our words, we always say it straight, we say what we think, and tell our clients what we’re up to.
Our roots are in Yorkshire, but we operate globally and have teams based in countries as far and wide as Australia, USA, Spain, India and Malaysia.
We employ over 80 lawyers, former lawyers and technologists, each one a specialist in legal tech engineering. We are a flexible, agile organisation, and we’re far more interested in what our people do, than where or when they do it.